五校联盟 2018-2019 学年度第二学期期中考试
命题人: 郭亚琴 潜山第二中学? ? 审题人：涂满平 潜山第二中学
第Ⅰ卷（选择题，共 100 分）
第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 30 分）
第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分）
听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. What do the speakers want to do?
A. Read some books? ? B. Buy some books? ? C. Do some sports
2. What will the woman do?
A. Study in the library? ? B. Play a card game? ? C. Attend a class
3. What time does the express leave?
A. At 9:15? ? B. At 9:25? ? C. At 9:50
4. Whose gloves are orange?
A. Susan’s? ? B. Mom’s? ? ’s
5. How do the two speakers feel?
ed? ? B. Happy? ? C. Frightened
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分）
听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读? 各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。
6. What is the woman doing?
A. Asking the way to the Union Street
B. Hiring a taxi
C. Consulting the flight timetable
7. Where is the woman going on Saturday?
Ａ.To the airport? ? Ｂ.To the taxi company? ? Ｃ.To Garden Hotel
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。
8. Where does the woman want to go?
Ａ.To Dong Feng Road? ? Ｂ.To the man’s? ? Ｃ.To the post office
9. What can we learn from the conversation? Ａ.The woman comes from the UK Ｂ.The woman isn’t familiar with the city Ｃ.The two speakers are classmates
9. Where can the woman get a map of the city?
Ａ.In the travel agency? ? Ｂ.In the newsstand? ? Ｃ.At the gate of the post office
听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。
10. How does the woman feel now?
Ａ.A little bit tired? ? Ｂ.A little nervous? ? Ｃ.Very excited
11. Where will the woman stay?
Ａ.In the man’s Office? ? B. In a hotel? ? C. In the man’s house
12. What does the woman come here for?
Ａ.Giving a lecture? ? Ｂ.Visiting the company? ? Ｃ.Going sightseeing
听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 17 题。
13. At what speed was the woman driving?
Ａ.40mph? ? B. 25mph? ? C. 35mph
14. Why did the man stop the woman?
Ａ.To deal with an accident
Ｂ.To give her a ticket for speeding
Ｃ.To ask her for directions
15. What do we know about the school zones? Ａ.There are children even on the weekends Ｂ.The roads are narrower there than in other areas Ｃ.People are more likely to get tickets there
16. What is the woman’s attitude?
Ａ.Rude? ? B. Indifferent? ? C. Cooperative
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。
17. What is the climate like in Sydney? Ａ.Very cool all the year round Ｂ.Warm in summer and cool in winter Ｃ.Warm all the year round
18. What makes Sydney famous?
Ａ.Beautiful shops, beautiful harbor and large ships
Ｂ.The Sydney Opera House, modern restaurants and many interesting old houses
Ｃ.The beautiful harbor, the Sydney Harbor Bridge and the Sydney Opera House
19. What is Sydney like according to the speaker?
Ａ.Very British? ? Ｂ.Truly Australian itself? ? Ｃ.Mostly like America
第二部分? ? 阅读(共两节，满分 40 分)
第一节：阅读理解(共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分)
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中选出最佳选项。
As the saying goes，“Without music，life would be a mistake.” Music is very important in our lives and here are four of the greatest musicians in history.
Born in Bonn，Germany，Beethoven never held an official position in supported himself by giving concerts，teaching piano，and the sale of his compositions(作曲)．The last 30
years of Beethoven’s life were filled with a lot of hard times ， the first of which was his ven’s music greatly influenced the next generation of musicians.
Bach，“the father of modern music”，was born in Eisenach， parents died when he was nine years old，and in 1695 he went to live with his brother Johann Christoph，who was an organist(风琴手) in stayed there until years later，he moved back to Weimar，where he served as a court(宫廷) organist for nine music greatly influenced classical music.
Chopin was born in Zelazowa Wola， showed a talent for the piano at a very young began composing when he was still a child，but some of his early works have been gave his first public concert in was considered as the leading musician of his time.
Schubert was born and died in most of his predecessors(前辈)，Schubert was not a great never had much money but he was very wrote his first masterpiece when he was only r，he died young，before his talents had even been known.
21. Beethoven did NOT make a living by ? ? .
A．teaching students? ? B．giving concerts
C．doing business? ? D．selling his works 22．Bach worked as an organist in Weimar until ? ? .
A．1716? ? B．1707? ? C．1750? ? D.? ? 1765
23. What do we know about the four musicians? A．They all lived a hard life at their old age.